Mark Sparks is a man who inspires many and is a go-getter who is never afraid of losing it all. Life’s challenges encourage him to work hard and to touch many lives. A majority of entrepreneurs who start businesses that later fail and they give up, should borrow a leaf from this serial entrepreneur. He has over 30 years experience in entrepreneurship, a journey that has brought success and sometimes disaster. His book “They Cant Eat You” chronicles his experience as an entrepreneur. A positive attitude is what propels him together with his belief in learning from every experience whether good or bad. Learn more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marcsparks
Marc as an entrepreneur and venture capitalist
He has been involved or is involved in capital investment, telecommunication or real estate ventures. The companies he has been working with are Splash Media, Blue Jay Wireless, Global Tec Solutions, Reliant Healthcare, Uncle Marc Food Delivery and Agent Matrix among others. He is currently the head of Timber Creek Capital LP a firm that turns entrepreneur’s dreams into revenue -generating products. Some of the services offered by the company include capital, sales and marketing, legal, office space, banking and accounting. Learn more: http://sparktankdfw.com/
Marc provides seed funding to future entrepreneurs and equips them with management and leadership skills. Through Marketing Sparks, an advertising agency, many entrepreneurs have acquired marketing skills from marketing experts. His kind heart of helping those willing to help themselves have seen many entrepreneurs become successful. The Spark Tank is an organization that works with social service executives who have brilliant ideas that can create social success. Learn more: http://thebrotalk.com/bro-recommendations/dallas-entrepreneur-marc-sparks-spills-must-visit-list-wineries-dfw/
Marc as a philanthropist
For over 20 years, Marc has been involved in life-saving projects in Texas County. Some of the organizations he is involved with includes:
- Mommies in Need- an organization offering temporary and free care to children whose mothers are unable to care for them due to a health crisis.
- The Centre for Animal Research and Education (CARE)- CARE rescues, nurtures and rehabilitate sick, abused or injured cats.
- Dogs Matter- it cares for pets of addicts and alcoholics who are undergoing treatment.
- Carpenters for Christ- its primary purpose is to improve and build homes in Texas so as to eradicate dangerous housing.
- Habitat for Humanity- the organization constructs safe, affordable and decent homes for people.
- The Samaritan Inn- it is a homeless shelter that houses 160 residents for about five months and offers them programs such as counseling, job placement, financial education, health and family services.
What sets Marc apart?
His values are what sets him apart from the rest. He believes in passion, focus, faith, sense of urgency, treating people fairly and with honesty and respect. Marc leads by example and is a man who defines rich as having a healthy family, happy employees, excellent health and building successful businesses from scratch and serving satisfied customers.